I gave Carol’s Daughter Marula Curl Therapy Collection a try for 30 days and I wanted to give you a full review.
I received Marula through my monthly CurlBox subscription.
I used Marula earlier this month but then decided to straighten my hair after NY tempratures became frigid. I went to my local hairdresser to straighten by wash, set and flat iron. My hairdresser cleansed with her shampoo. Next I had her deep condition my hair with Sacred Tiare Restorative Hair Mask and set with the line’s smoothing serum.
After about 1 week I was bored with my straight hair but more so anxious to see if my curl pattern was affected by the heated styling.
Quick background info on Carol’s Daughter Marula:
This line is sulfate and paraben free. Water based and infused with some of the following oils:
- Marula Oil- lightweight oil that helps hair to resist damage by penetrating hair shaft and cuticle for maximum hydration.
- Jojoba- ultra moisturizing and light weight.
- Sweet Almond Oil- ultimate flexibility, shine and nourishment for hair. (see my previous post on benefits of Sweet Almond Oil)
- Rose Oil: Frizz control for your curls.
1) My hair was EXTREMELY voluminous and fluffy after using this line. Even after 3 days my hair was STILL manageable with minimal refreshing needed. Even my husband said “your hair feels like air”…lol. No question that it does what it says!
2) I loved the fact that it helped me to restore my curls/coils after heat styling.
3) I love that it’s lightweight but gets the job done. The collection also smells awesome!
1) A bit pricey so I would try to take advantage of their sales, especially ONLINE. I’ve seen sales for up to 40% off which is a STEAL of a deal! You may be able to score some free shipping depending on the promotion so keep that in mind as well.
2) I was thrown for a loop that there’s no conditioner for the line but I guess it’s b/c the cream cleanser is supposed to be good enough to use alone. I’m not too keen on that since I love using conditioners as leave-ins so I will definitely stick to using the mask anytime I wash with the cleanser.
Here’s a video of how I used the Marula Collection to restore my curls after straightening and heat styling. I hope you enjoy!
I have not been reimbursed/sponsored by Carol’s Daughter for this review. I am not affiliated with any of the brands featured my videos or reviews. Items used in this video and review were purchased through my monthly CurlBOX membership.