I received an awesome package from organic and natural curly hair line Curls about 1 month ago. In that package was a variety of products which consisted of the following: 1) Creamy Curl Cleanser 2) Coconut Curlada Conditioner 3) Blueberry Bliss Control Paste 4) Lavish Curl Moisturizer (2nd day refresher) 5) Creme Brule styling cream. 6) Goddess Curls botanical gelee.
Luc also received some goodies! Luc received 1) Curly Q’s Coconut Dream Moisturizing Conditioner 2) Curly Q Custard. We will be doing a separate video and review on the Curly Q’s line at a later date.
I’ve been using the Creamy Curl Cleanser previously along with Coconut Curlada Conditioner since September. Blueberry Bliss control paste was already a staple as an edge control and finishing paste in my regimen. So I was extra excited to see how Creme Brule, Goddess Curls and Lavish Curl Moisturizer were all going to work together with the cleanser and conditioner!
Creamy Curl Cleanser: cleansed my hair very well and was extremely moisturizing. My hair did not feel cakey, clumped together or dry after washing. My curls were loose and held pattern. Even though it’s a creamy cleanser vs. a sudsy cleanser I do not recommend using alone. Definitely follow up with conditioner/deep conditioner.
Coconut Curlada Conditoner: smells divine! Awesome as a leave in and regular conditioner. Lots of slip and hydration to my super thirsty curls/coils.
Creme Brule styling cream: Gave my hair soft hold while defining very well! I was shocked because I haven’t had the best of luck with styling creams in the past. Don’t put too much though…a little cream goes a long way.
Blueberry Bliss Control Paste–HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!! No seriously, I use it on both myself and Luc’s edges and hair to set our curls in place and lay down flyaways/our edges. Apply while hair is wet for softer hold. Apply while hair is dry for firm hold. NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS PASTE.
Goddess Curls botanical gelee: not a paste-like gel. Soft and weightless but does provide hold and definition without flaking/drying out. My curls were defined with no crunch! Apply while hair is saturated with water.
Lavish Curl Moisturizer (2nd day refresher): used on the 3rd day. Brought my hair back to life without having to add anything additional. My curls felt like velvet!
1) I love that Curls is a 100% organic and natural line. Their products DO NOT contain any silicones, mineral oils or petroleum which can ironically dry out your hair. All of Curls‘ products are SULFATE & PARABEN free as well.
The Curls line organic ingredients include:
Certified Organic aloe leaf juice, sunflower seed oil, sweet almond oil (READ PREVIOUS POST ON BENEFITS OF SWEET ALMOND OIL), certified organic shea butter and certified organic jojoba seed oil. Every last one of these ingredients individually works wonders in moisturizing your hair while adding flexibility and shine.
2) AFFORDABLE, AFFORABLE, AFFORDABLE!!! There’s nothing I love better than being able to use a product or line that works great with my hair and NOT break the bank!!! All of Curls‘ products range from $7.99 and up. Head on over to Target or Walmart for crazy deals and sales on this line! I’ve seen the Passion Fruit Control Paste (edge control) as low as $6! Most good pastes/edge controls run you about $11 or more.
3) IT WORKS FOR ME! Curls truly works at keep my hair hydrated and defined with plenty of movement. I can confidently say I never have to second guess how my hair will come out after using any of these products.
1) Sells out way too quickly in stores. Especially when there’s a sale…I’ve had my heart broken a couple of times. Creme Brule and both the Passion Fruit & Blueberry Bliss control pastes sell out fast at my local Target.
2) I wish the products I mentioned in this review came in bigger sizes. Then again, I can’t complain too much when the line is super affordable.
3) I haven’t been able to find their Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Deep Conditioner in any of my local stores. After reading online reviews it seems that this treatment is extremely popular and is also a quick seller.
Curls is available at select Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Sally’s, Harmons, Nordstrom Rack stores. Be sure to do your research as to which stores in your area carry the line. If any of the stores mentioned in your area don’t carry it you may be better off buying online through their direct website www.curls.biz or through other online vendors licensed to carry the Curls line.
Here’s a video on how I used the line most recently:
I hope this was helpful to you! Enjoy 🙂
I have not been reimbursed, sponsored nor am I affiliated with the Curls Brand. Products were provided as a courtesy of Curls.