Hey guys! I wanted to share one of my holy grail hair products with you. I’ve been prepping my wash and go’s on and off with Ouidad’s “Whipped Curls” for almost 1 year now. I was first introduced to it when I got my hair cut by Ouidad last year.
Whipped Curls can be used as a daily conditioner or leave-in/primer for your hair. Now, most of us use primer on our faces before we apply make-up. Primer on our faces gives us that flawless and smooth look so our pics come out great. Well, Whipped Curls works the same way! I primarily use it as a primer before styling. My curls always come out smooth, silky and defined!
As always, I prep and style my hair in the shower while it is soaking wet. I apply in sections and finger detangle each section. I then style with my favorite curl defining creams, hair butters and/or curl gelee for additional hold.
Whipped Curls is formulated with a triple blend of Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Green Tea Extract and Glycerin. Now, I know many of my followers are on the fence about Glycerin laden products. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, Gylcerin can be very tricky for 2 reasons: summer months when there is high humidity it can cause frizz because it absorbs too much moisture from the air. Winter months, when it is very cold out, it can dry out your hair because there isn’t enough moisture in the air. However, my hair does respond well to some glycerin laden products. Ouidad’s “Whipped Curls” is one of those products with Glycerin that does work for my hair.
- Works well for my hair.
- Smells amazing.
- I sometimes use it alone on my son’s curls and it does the job well!
- A little goes a long way.
- Dual-use–Can be used as either a daily conditioner or leave-in/primer before styling.
- A bit on the expensive side. This product costs me $26.00 each time I re-up and is excluded from coupons at most retailers.
- Doesn’t work well with all other product lines. Ouidad’s Whipped Curls works best with the Ouidad line but I know you guys want to know if it works well with other lines right?..lol. I’ve used it with CURLS™, Eden Body Works, BeeMine Products, Carols Daughter and Jane Carters Solution and I have had great results. The only line I’ve used it with and didn’t have great results was Camille Rose Naturals. It left a residue when I used it with CRN’s Curl Maker.
Tips for use: A little bit goes a long way with this product guys. Don’t apply too much, especially if you have fine hair. Whipped Curls is thick, ultra rich and super dense. If you apply too much you’ll find that it’ll weigh your hair down and it will not absorb well.
You can read more about Ouidad products and their salon here: http://healthyhairtotoe.com/2014/08/15/curly-hair-salon-wars-ouidad-vs-devachan/
I hope this helps you in your curly hair/natural hair journey!❤️
Healthy Hair To Toe ❤️
This review is solely my opinion. This post is not sponsored by Ouidad or any of the other brands mentioned in this post. I have not been reimbursed for this review.