I’ve been holding onto a little secret for quite some time now. I’ve been using an awesome line called Hello Curlies on and off for the past couple of months and I wanted to share my thoughts on the line with you.
Hello Curies is the first color coded curly hair system that caters to all different types of curl patterns. They carry wash and go ( wash and wear) styling products for curly to coily/kinky hair. Here is a breakdown of the products they carry:
1) Fluffy Soft Styler for curly hair is a light weight styling lotion that is perfect for Curlies to do a Wash & Go. It enhances curls by giving them soft definition shine. It’s ingredients include: avocado oil, safflower oil and hydrolyzed wheat protein.
2) Curlicue Custard for coily hair is thicker than a gel and styling lotion but not overbearing on hair at all. I felt that is provided the moisture of a styling cream while defining like a gel. It provides hold, shine, and elongation for your coils.
3) Buttermilk Moisturizer for coily hair is a bit thicker than Fluffy Soft Styler. It is a daily moisturizer that softens up your coily texture and it can easily refresh your wash and wear (wash and go). When I refresh my curls on day 3, I like to pair it with a smidgen of sweet almond oil for extra shine. Buttermilk Moisturizer is formulated with Shea butter and avocado oil.
4) Soft Defining Gel for tight curly hair is a no crunch gel that defines curls with a weightless hold. It also dries extremely fast. When I used it, my hair dried in about 2 hours.
5) Leave-In Conditioner is a lightweight aloe & green tea based detangler for tight curly hair that will keep your curls moisturized and super soft without any oil buildup.
1) This line is SUPER affordable. All products range from $8.99 to $11.99. The products are also generously sized so it’s definitely worth the price!
2) Hello Curlies color coded hair system really does work! This innovative system took the guessing game out of choosing products that would work best for my hair.
3) Hello Curlies team is extremely helpful with assisting customers in finding the right products for their hair prior to purchase. I commented under one of their Instagram pics and they sent me a detailed response with what products would work best for my hair and why. You can’t beat that customer service!
4) The line is protein based which is very important to incorporate into your healthy hair regimen. Protein helps to add strength and shine, improve elasticity and prevent further damage to the cuticle/follicle.
My only con is that there are no cleansing and deep conditioning treatments available with the Hello Curlies line as of yet. Maybe this is something they are working on for the near future? I’ll be on the lookout for that possibility.
I cleansed with Herbalosophy Balancing Shampoo & conditioned with the same brand’s Replenishing Conditioner. I purchased these products from a hair show 2 years ago. Afterwards, I styled with Hello Curlies Leave-In Conditioner and Curlicue Custard.
I sealed my hair with Tropic Isle Living JBCO. On day 3, I refreshed with Buttermilk Moisturizer. No water was added.
Hello Curlies products are available at www.hellocurlies.com
Check them out on Instagram as well: @HelloCurlies
I hope this review was helpful to you!