Hey guys! I was recently watching Tia Mowry-Hardict’s cooking show on The Cooking Channel and decided to give one of her recipes a whirl. These Flourless Banana Pancakes are super healthy, nutritious and delicious. I ended up tweaking some of the ingredients for my family and they loved it!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Syrup of choice for serving
What to do:
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor or blender and process until they resemble flour. Add the baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg to your processor or blender. You can also just combine the blended rolled oats and remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir. I used the blender because it was much easier.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl until smooth. (Don’t worry if the bananas are a bit lumpy. They will taste awesome after you cook your pancakes).
- Combine the eggs with the banana mixture and stir well, then add a drop of raw organic honey and vanilla and stir. I used vanilla extract from Trader Joe’s and it came out just fine. Add the dry mixture and stir until it becomes batter. I added a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter once all was smooth.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil to a frying pan and place on medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake onto frying pan. I used measuring cups to keep my batter neatly portioned while pouring into my frying pan. Cook the pancakes on each side until golden brown on each side. The amount of time for cooking may vary by stove and amount of batter used. My batch turned golden in less that 40 seconds.
Drizzle with the syrup of your choice or none at all. These pancakes are so tasty they won’t even need syrup! I snuck a taste in (dairy allergy) and was surprised how sweet and delicious they were w/o syrup. The sweetness wasn’t overbearing, it was just right. I served with Maple Agave syrup (vegan) for those who wanted.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
-Healthy Hair To Toe