When it comes to natural hair and curly hair, most people have two questions:
1) What products do you use?
2) How do you maintain your curls overnight?
Here’s a quick video demonstrating how I keep my curls, coils and kinks in tact overnight.
Just in case, here are some frequently asked questions I usually receive about the pineapple method:
- How long does your curly hair last with the pineapple method? Usually 5-7 days.
- What products do you use to keep your curly hair/natural hair moisturized overnight? I usually use a lightweight oil like argan, sweet almond or avocado oil. I like to use moisturizing creams or hair butter during the winter months.
- Can this style work on short hair? It depends on how short your hair is at the moment. If it’s a tapered cut then definitely no. I would recommend a satin pillow case as an alternative. If you’re in that in between growth stage then a satin pillowcase will also work for you. You can also resort to twisting your hair at night as well.
- What is the best length for the pineapple method? Medium length to mid bra-strap length. Anything longer than that won’t hold up in the pineapple. If you do have longer hair, the best method to retain your curls would be to twist your hair at night and sleep on a satin pillow case.
How do you protect your natural hair/curly hair overnight? Team satin pillowcase, pineapple method or both?
May your curls stay frizz free and fabulous!
Healthy Hair To Toe <3