When it comes to both hair & beauty products I am extremely ingredient conscious. Pregnancy has made me even more aware of what’s out there. Most beauty products I use are kitchen based (ACV, raw honey, etc). Store bought products that I do use are usually vegan, organic, fair-trade, natural, cruelty free, just like my hair products & diet!..lol. Heritage 1933 is a vegan and cruelty free skin and hair care line that donates a portion of it’s proceeds to help women and children in need. Amazing right?! I’ve been using the line for a little over 1 month. I recently tried their “Ms. Know It All Whipped Hair and Body Moisturizing Butter” & “O.M.G Seal and Moisturizing Oil”.
Dry skin during pregnancy has been a major issue for me. I was trying different oils and cleansing methods but it felt like nothing was actually penetrating my skin. That when Heritage 1933’s “Ms. Know It All Whipped Hair and Body Moisturizing Butter” came in.
This whipped body butter is formulated with some of my favorite healthy and natural moisturizers like:
- Unrefined Shea butter: natural sunscreen, anti-inflammatory, moisturizer for dry skin, eczema, treatment for dry scalp, chapped lips and softens dry cracked skin.
- Mango butter – promotes reduces sagging and bagging by firming skin. Relieves dry patches, eczema and dermatitis flare-ups.
- Coconut oil: Rich in vitamin E and protein. Promotes collagen production which contributes to cellular repair and anti-aging.
- Sweet almond oil: Rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, hypoallergenic, natural sunscreen, reduces dark circles, cures chapped lips, soothes and cures rashes, fast absorbing and lightweight.
Next up is “Heritage 1933’s O.M.G Seal and Moisturizing Oil.”
Just like “Ms. Know It All Whipped Hair and Body Moisturizing Butter”, “O.M.G Seal and Moisturizing Oil” is a multi-functional oil that can be used on both the hair and skin. It is formulated with healthy & natural moisturizers like:
- Jojoba: dissolves excess sebum which causes acne, easily absorbed, natural anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibacterial agent. Natural remedy to sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, chapped skin, and diaper rash.
- Tea Tree Oil: natural anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antifungal & antibacterial to promote healthy and clean base for skin and scalp.
- Peppermint Oil: Promotes hair growth by stimulating hair follicles and promoting blood circulation. Soothes itchy scalp. Contains Omega-3 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, calcium, Vitamins A and C.
The texture of Heritage 1933’s “Ms. Know It All Whipped Hair and Body Moisturizing Butter” is extremely unique. It has an airy whipped feel yet when you rub the product between your fingers breaks it down into oil form. This allows for instant deep hydration with a healthy glow. In fact, my skin was still soft and supple by 10pm after applying it to my body at 6am. I was able to use this whipped body butter as a lightweight moisturizer on my hair as well. Keep in mind, if you have fine natural hair a little really does go a long way. I would only need to apply a small amount once a week for enhanced shine.
Heritage 1933’s O.M.G Seal and Moisturizing Oil was amazingly lightweight yet effective at deeply penetrating my skin and hair. I’ve been using it on my stomach in conjunction with fresh raw aloe to retain elasticity and minimize the appearance of stretch marks during and post pregnancy. I’ve also been using this oil as a sealant for wash and go styles as well as a scalp moisturizer. It has a faint peppermint scent that is not overbearing at all. You can still wear your favorite perfumes without the scents overlapping. This oil can also be used as a lightweight oil to unravel twists and braids for a variety of natural hair styles.
Healthy Skin Tip: Use your favorite exfoliant prior to applying either product to enhance and retain hydrated skin. Both products can be used on either wet or dry hair.
Heritage 1933’s “Ms. Know It All Whipped Hair and Body Moisturizing Butter”, O.M.G Seal and Moisturizing Oil is now in heavy rotation as part of my healthy skin care regimen during pregnancy. I look forward to using their line of products postpartum as well.
Heritage 1933 has a wide array of plant-based products including scrubs, bath salts, oils as well as hair extensions! Check them out at www.heritage1933.com
Healthy Hair To Toe <3