By now, you guys have seen my husband and I cook together occasionally on my IG stories. It’s actually one of our favorite things to do together! We’re so excited to partner with Wines of Provence to show you how we #FallIntoRosé with our favorite Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pizza recipe!
After two kids and 11 years of building, we realize now more than ever how important it is to spend one on one time together. We can’t always find a sitter for the kids so we improvise and head to the kitchen. Next, we turn on our favorite tunes and #FallIntoRose for some kitchen therapy! Watch us make our pizza below!
Hubs prefers red wine while I lean towards white wines. Rosé is the perfect wine for us because it has characteristics of both red and white wine. Marriage is all about compromise right? Thanks Wines of Provence!..lol.
If you’re looking for a high quality rosé, chances are your wine will be from France, specifically Provence. #RoséAllDay is a lifestyle in Provence. About 89% of the region is devoted to making rosé. In fact, France alone accounts for a third of the world’s rosé! Apparently we’re starting to #FallIntoRosé stateside since Americans drink 13% of the world’s rosé. The huge increase, by almost 47%, of Provence rosé exports in volume to the U.S. between 2015 and 2016 is mostly driven by millenials.
The Provence region also has a multitude of red and white wines if you’re not a huge fan of rosé. The Wines of Provence directory is full of information about the grapes, the region, what to drink, when to drink it – typically during the summer months.
My husband and I are big on spice and flavor due to our West Indian roots. Rosé pairs extremely well with spicy and smoky dishes. We decided to pair our glasses with our homemade Sicilian pizza and it was a HIT! This pizza is vegan, gluten-free, smoky, spicy and loaded with flavor! Here’s the recipe!
- one 16 oz package Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix (3-1/4 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups Water (warm)
- 2-1/4 tsp Yeast Packet (included with gluten free crust package)
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 bag vegan mozzarella shreds ( I use Daiya & SO Delicious)
- vegan sausage (Field Roast Italian or Smoked Apple & Sage work best)
- vegan ricotta (Kite Hill)
- bell peppers
- cashew “parmesan” cheese (recipe here)
- red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F and oil two 12-inch pizza pans or one 16-inch pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, combine water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes while the yeast dissolves. Stir in eggs and oil. Add GF Pizza Crust Mix and stir until ingredients are completely combined.
- Leaving dough in the bowl, split in half for two pizzas or keep whole for one large pizza. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise 20 minutes.
- Place dough in the center of the prepared pizza pan(s). Cover each piece of dough with a large piece of plastic wrap. Using a rolling-pin or your hands, roll or press the dough flat to fit the pan. Use your fingers on top of the plastic to create a crust edge, if desired.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake without toppings for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with your favorite sauce and toppings. Bake for an additional 15 – 18 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Makes two 12-inch pizzas or one 16-inch pizza.
The food pairings with rosé are endless. The best part? You can sit back & enjoy a glass all year round! You can learn more about Wines of Provence here. How will you #RoséAllYear ?
Healthy Hair To Toe <3